WHAT IS PROTEGE?
Protege is a ten-month apprenticeship program designed to identify leaders who sense a call to ministry and want an opportunity to explore what that means. Throughout their time in Protege, leaders will cultivate the character needed to sustain their calling, be challenged to establish healthy eating and exercise habits, develop practical ministry skills through serving, and discover the unique way that God has designed them to make a difference in their community, church and world.
With UPRIGHT HEART he shepherded them
& guided them with SKILLFUL HANDS.
Psalm 78.72 ESV
Protege requires commitment
The commitment of Protege will consist of 20-30 hours per week from September through June. During this time, Proteges will grow in their relationship with God as they devote time to prayer, personal, and group devotions. Also, while immersed in local church and in biblical community, Proteges will learn the skills necessary to lead themselves and others well.
Are you qualified?
What characteristics are we looking for in a potential Protege?
1. Has completely surrendered his/her life to Jesus and received His salvation.
2. Has a growing passion to reach the lost and fulfill the mission of God in the world.
3. Has a clear sense of calling to ministry in the local church.
4. Displays a positive attitude.
5. Demonstrates the heart of a servant.
6. Is teachable and ready to learn.
7. Willing to work hard and do whatever it takes.
8. Committed to being a flexible team player.
9. Is excited to serve and lead in the local church.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
2 Timothy 2.2 NIV
Begin by completing the application. Applications for the 2017-2018 Protege year will open February 1, 2017.
All applicants will complete the screening process that Kingsway volunteers who serve with minors are asked to complete.
Once your completed application is received and reviewed, you will be contacted by Protege leaders for your interview.